Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012. Seriously. You guys remember that year?

Well, 2012 came and passed much to the sound of nothing. I racked my juvenile brain for highlights. Here's what I came up with:

*We're still here! I'm glad the Mayans are a buncha' liars.

*"Bieber Fever" gave way to "One Direction Indigestion."

*Lindsay Lohan's still in trouble (yawn).

*Is Grey's Anatomy still on?

*It was the year the world fell in love with Honey Boo Boo and her mother (no, wait. I meant Channing Tatum. I always get them mixed up. Honey and her mother are two of the horsemen of the apocalypse).

*The election! I know I shouldn't get into politics, but HOOZAH! Now, if we can only get congress on board. (And just 'cause I live in Kansas, PLEASE don't hold me responsible for a lotta' these midwesterner politician's beliefs).

*Hurricane Sandy was horrific. My sympathy for all the East Coasters and everyone else touched by it.

*These random acts of violence on people need to stop. Everyone, look out for your neighbor, both mentally and physically. If someone seems depressed, despondent, whatever--no matter how odd they seem--take time out to ask 'em if they're okay. It's becoming a scarier world and it's up to us to make it less frightening. 2013's gotta be better for us, our children, and future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment