Friday, July 1, 2022

I Had a...Nightmare of Nannies!

I'm super stoked to announce the republication of the third Zach and Zora comedic mystery series, Nightmare of Nannies from the fine, fine folks at Crossroad Press.

Why am I super stoked? Because these books are actually tons of fun to write. They make me giggle like my inner eight year old. I hope they might entertain a few of you, too.

In fact these books are so dad-gum outrageous, they've been banned in Florida for being much too woke and promoting Critical Male Entertainment Dancer Theory.

 Maybe I better give a little more background...

Juggling four kids while working as a detective is tough enough. Zora LeFevre sure didn’t need her nanny dying first day on the job. Especially when it looks like murder and something’s fishy about her nanny supplier.

Meanwhile, a serial killer van’s chasing her dimwit stripper (but don't call him that! He prefers "male entertainment dancer") brother, Zach, and his tear-away pants have been stolen. A mariachi band is his only hope for survival. Worse, Zach’s head-over-heels, willing to learn country line-dancing, in love.

Nannies are dangerous, no one is as they seem, bullets are flying, and it’s another uproariously bad day for Zach and Zora.

Okay, explosive hyperbole blurb over!

(Wait...I lied. I'm not done hyping yet...) 

One reviewer compared Zack and Zora to Nick and Nora from the old Thin Man movies. Someone said the books read like screwball comedies from the '30's. The best compliment I got was someone called it "hilariously un-p.c!" Yeah!

I also try to top load the books with nutty characters. Besides Zach and Zora (and her screaming, out-of-control four kids), we've got the singing police detective, the fried hippy parents, more zany nannies than you can shake a stick at, and murder suspects out the wahzoo.

And if you think the books sound a little too silly...I do try and include a creditable murder mystery each time as well. Nannies may be my favorite in the series so far as I actually try to plug in a little character development. Perhaps everyone's favorite male stripper (erm, sorry...male entertainment dancer), Zach, is growing up a bit.  Nahhhhh.

Anyway, read Nightmare of Nannies and see what all the fuss is about (in my head)! Pick up the first books, Bad Day in a Banana Hammock and Murder by Massage and find out why they're so critically acclaimed (by my cousin)!

(Psst...I'm back to work on the fourth Zach and Zora book, Massacre of Mustaches, coming soon to finer interwebs booksellers near your fingertips!)

End of shameless plug! Carry on...



1 comment:

  1. So glad to see Nightmare of Nannies is out there, Stuart. These Zach and Zora books are so much fun. Bring on the next one!

    ReplyDelete