Friday, May 17, 2019

Who wants Thumb-Loaf? YUM!

As per our agreed upon division of labor, I found myself in the kitchen the other night preparing a turkey-loaf for my lovely wife. My own kitchen-sink recipe, the ingredients called for a pound of turkey, an egg, various spices (whatever I can find; the loaf's never the same twice), catsup (and am I alone in thinking that "catsup" should be spelled the way it's pronounced? I mean, come on!), Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese crumbles, chopped vegetables, and a sliced thumb tip.
Wait...what? 

To quote that great television educator, Ernie, "one of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong."

Yep, my thumb got in the way of chopping vegetables. Just call me "all thumbs." Except, of course, I'm a little less all thumbs now.

Shock's a funny thing. At first when I sliced my thumb, it hurt like crazy. Just for a second, though. I stared at the wounded digit, saw there was inexplicably no blood. Huh. Weird. Then blood started spraying everywhere, a delayed action.

My shock was delayed as well. At first I started giggling. See what I mean about shock being a funny thing? Then crazed panic set in. I wrapped tissue after tissue around my spurting thumb, couldn't quite stem the blood flow. As I debated back and forth about driving myself to the ER (my wife was working late)...

"Stuart, you better go."

"Nah, shut up, Stu, it's just a minor flesh scrape."

"I mean it, you might need stitches, Stuart!"

"Give it a rest, Stu! Do I tell you how to live your life?"

Near hysteria, I thought of the old Saturday Night Live skit with Dan Ackroyd dressed as Julia Child when he cut his finger and arterial blood spattered everywhere. Monty Python and the Holy Grail played out in my mind: "It's just a flesh wound" said the armless and legless knight.
Finally, I let reason guide me. I swathed many bandages around my thumb and finished making my turkey-loaf.

And, lo, it was good.

When my wife came home, she sighed, and said, "Please clean your blood up off the floor." Like it was an every-day occurrence or something.

Speaking of blood, a fair amount of it gets splashed around in my historical tale of horror and hauntings, Ghosts of Gannaway. Loosely based on the events in Picher, Oklahoma, this sucker was a monster to write, but I'm proud of the results. Read it already!

3 comments:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been scammed? You should report the scammer.

    Scams can happen to anyone. If they are not stopped, they may continue to harm you and other people.

    If you've been scammed, report the scammer.

    Report a scammer. It helps us to stop the scammer, track them, unmask their real identity no matter what country they are or what computer tools they use, arrest and prosecute them anywhere they are in the world.

    Why you should report a scammer: Reporting a scammer, help us to serve justice to millions of scam victims across the world including you, it gives us the vital information we need in helping you recover your stolen money.

    Have you been scammed??
    Please support our international efforts.

    Protect yourself from further risk

    Gather the information of the scammer.
    Report the scammer to us


    You will get the justice you need

    Report any scammer to us on๐Ÿ‘‡

    int.allianceagainstscammers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man DR OTONOKPO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to DR OTONOKPO telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the DR assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email DR OTONOKPO on otonokpotemple@gmail.com sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on this number +2348114129781

    ReplyDelete