Friday, May 31, 2019

Oklahoma Manly Man's Weekend

Mother's Day has come and zipped by once again.

No one deserves a more awesome Mother's Day gift than my truly wonderful, warm and caring mother-in-law. Caregiver extraordinaire, she had her hands full with ailing friends and neighbors while not saving much time for herself.

Which is why my wife and I decided to travel to Oklahoma Friday night, then my wife would take her mother away for  a quick, relaxing getaway. That left me with my wife's father overnight. Bonus points: my wife's bro came down to spend time with us as well, cool guy that he is.

So, I'm thinking: kick-ass! Manly macho coolness! We're gonna sit around, drink beer, belch loud and proud, pass gas (maybe even light one up with a lighter for the more daring of us), and visit a strip bar! Hoo-HAH!

No repercussions! Heck-fire, the women wouldn't be back until Sunday. Hellz yeah! Rah!

Sigh...

It's funny how hopes get dashed quietly sometimes, weaker than a feather silently drifting down to the floor.

What did we three rugged, manly-macho-men neanderthals do on our free pass?

We went shopping for flowers and cosmetics for Mother's Day. I considered trying on some khakis to see if they made my butt look big. Honestly, we probably would've done each others' hair, but have you seen me lately?
By days end, my bro-in-law left and we two remaining masculine men packed it in by 10:00. Shopping can be SOOO tiring. Oh, sure, when our prostates called out to us in the middle of the night, we stumbled quietly past one another to conquer the bathroom, but we did it in the most macho of ways: in our boxers.

Frankly, I welcomed the women back with open arms, not to mention more than a little relief. Living like a caveman for 24 hours plum tuckered me out.

The men in Gannaway, Kansas, don't get more rugged, working the mines as they do all day long. Did I mention the mines are haunted? No? Did I tell you that Ghosts of Gannaway is based on a true story?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment