Friday, September 3, 2021

The United Cray-Cray of America

We live in crazy times, surrounded by even crazier people. Here in the states, a lot of 'em pack heat, which doesn't really put my addled mind at ease. People are fighting, getting hassled and assaulted in the streets for wearing masks. Well, please excuse them for attempting to keep not only themselves safe, but your crazy ass as well.

I just don't get it. I'd really thought we'd progressed over the years, grown together as a society, learned to work and live and basically function with each other not only out of necessity, but because it's the civil thing to do. Boy, did I get burned there with my naive outlook. The past several years have not only proven me distressingly wrong, but we've turned a corner and have found ourselves regressing to the point of incivility. And worse.

I'm not going to point fingers and play the blame game. It's tiresome and everyone and everything's become villainized and/or politicized to the point of insanity. And it doesn't matter anyway; neither side is backing down, taking things to extremes to the point that we're living in constant fear of violence.

I suppose I really have to stop wearing my anti-Trump mask out in public. Two no-no's that could be double grounds for a double stomping. And I'm gonna lay off my road rage hobby along with my favorite one-fingered salute. Hey, somebody might be having a bad day and decide to shoot me, doggone the luck any ol' hoo.

A while back, I wrote of how my wife turned me into a news junkie, seeking out the most lurid and over-the-top stories. I'm not talking about true life crime and murder, either. No, for my full share of comedy, I used to enjoy the unbelievable three-ring circus of political insanity.

But even that's losing its cutting comedic edge. Seems like there's a new sexual scandal about lawmakers every day (and isn't it about damn time we stopped calling them "lawmakers?" Particularly since it's clear that a good deal of them aren't interested in making "laws" to satisfy or aid their constituents, but rather to line their pockets and stay in power). Furthermore, these idiots are bandying about Holocaust comparisons to mask wearing. Absolutely shameful and beyond inappropriate.

Don't even get me going about the lies, lies, constant lies being spewed by so-called "politicians," which is one reason we're suffering from a mass pandemic of crazy. The odd thing is, "loyalists" don't seem to care about how a certain former "big-wig (is it literally a wig? I suppose we'll never know.)" has displayed nothing but utter contempt, racism, barbaric behavior, name-calling, and other such beyond playground-bad behavior toward everyone in his orbit who don't necessarily gravitate toward him. In fact, this behavior has molded the way his loyalists respond to their fellow citizens. Hey, if it's good enough for That Guy, it's good enough for me. Lead by example!

Well, I suppose I can always get a few chuckles from the MyPillow guy. Let's just see what he's up to...okay, three-day symposium offering bonafide proof of foul play, nothing new there... Oh, he's not going to sleep for three days (kind of self-defeating pillow advertising, but whatever) while he's going to stay on stage for 72 hours straight exposing "The Truth." This after he got mad at his (small) audience wanting to break for lunch. Uh-oh...wait...the MyPillow guy just fled the stage after finding out that Dominion is proceeding with their billion dollar defamation suit against him. But, hold on, what fresh new hell is this??? Poor MyPillow guy was accosted that night by two photo-taking evil beings who put their arm around him and pushed a finger into his side causing "agonizing pain." I don't know about you, but a finger in your side is more annoying--kinda a kid brother pestering, say--than agonizing, but, hey, maybe the villain (who Lindell claims was Antifa) had a finger of steel. Or maybe Mike just needs to get that sleep he deprived himself of.

However, the so-called bad Antifa guys who mercilessly jabbed Mike with a deadly digit have since come forward, said that wasn't at all what happened, and they were actually Lindell fans wanting a photo. So...sigh...even the usually laugh-garnering Mike Lindell has let me down.

Which just goes to show you how crazy our country has become: a disgraced pillow salesman has a huge political voice and was advising the former president during those last terrifying months in office.

Our country is crazy right now, but as a patriot, I believe it will recover. But the only way that's going to happen is if both sides find common ground. You know...a novel concept like working together for the betterment of civilization. Imagine that.

So, hey there Mr. and Ms. America! Put down your phones and quit reading the news. Don't feed the beasts and trolls. What should you do instead? Hmmm, maybe read a book. I just happen to know where you can pick up some mighty entertaining, escapist ones







No comments:

Post a Comment