Friday, August 6, 2021

First World Problems

The other day, I was driving my wife around when she suddenly groaned.

"What's the matter?"

"Oh, these stupid frogs," she said. "I hate when they interrupt my game."

We continued to discuss the pain, the agony, and the excruciating unfairness of our telephone games.

She said, "Honey, these sound like such first world problems."

Suddenly, a cloud opened up above me and drenched me with shame.

While still in development countries are suffering famine, war, poverty, and corrupt leaders, here we were griping about telephone games. In our big car. One of two autos we own.

Okay, except for maybe corrupt leaders, we haven't suffered any of these problems. So the next time I find myself griping about poor service in a restaurant or some other such unimportant petty "issue," whoever is in my vicinity, please feel free to come slap me.

 You're welcome.

While on the topic of problems, pity poor Shawn Biltmore. He has women problems and works in a dead-end, corporate drudge of a job for a bunch of nincompoops and sadists. And he's a werewolf. Read his tale of horror, mystery, dark humor, and romance in Corporate Wolf


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment