Friday, August 2, 2019

True Tales of Corporate Wolfery

My new book (Hey, it's out today! What a remarkable coinky-dink!), Corporate Wolf, is a true story.
Kinda.

Okay, so there wasn't a serial killer running rampant at my last 24 year on-the-job corporate gig. But other than that, Corporate Wolf, is based on true tales that happened to me or people I know.

Alright, alright, fine! The lycanthropy stuff is all made up, too.

The rest of it, though, is all 100%, honest-to-goodness truth, though... 

Ah, who am I kidding. I'm a liar. A lot of it's made up malarkey. Then again, I'd say half of the book is true. Which half? I'm not sayin'. Read the book and make up your own mind.

I will say, though, that after 24 years at my hellish job, the company finally folded due to poor (or non) management. I suppose I should've been tipped off the end was coming when they quit paying the trash bills, rats were starting to scurry through the plant, and the air conditioning was turned off. Yes, it was a horrible situation at an even more horrific company, but hey, once I've set down roots somewhere, it's hard for me to budge.

It did, however, sour me forever on the corporate life. It's not for me, all of the backstabbing, games, and lies. Worse than high school. And for what? I never really could figure that out. I mean, I had enemies at this job who came and went, but I still (barely) kept my head off the chopping block. Quite an accomplishment, really (even though I have nothing to show for it now...well, except this book).

Now, I need to get another job to supplement my writing. But I'd rather sling burgers than ever go back to a soul-strangling corporate position.

But, hey back to the book! Here, let my publisher's blurb spill the dirt better than I can:

If you can't run with the big dogs…
…rip 'em to shreds.

It was supposed to be a corporate retreat and a series of morale-boosting exercises. It was a weekend Shawn Biltmore nearly didn't survive.

There was something else playing in the woods that night, something other than a bunch of corporate drones with paintball guns.

And it had chosen Shawn as its new chew toy.

The local authorities chalked it up to a bear attack.

So did the doctors.

Shawn knew the truth, however, as much as he wanted to deny it.

But when one of his coworkers is viciously killed, Shawn must face the truth…

He's a killer who needs to be put down.

Or is he?


SO. If you're looking for a bloody good time, a rip-snorting werewolf horror story, a biting satire on big business, a black comedy, a chilling mystery, scares, thrills, chills, and spills, Corporate Wolf, put out by Grinning Skull Press, is the book for you.

Be one of the cool kids and get your copy today!
 

3 comments:

  1. Corporate Wolf is great, Stuart. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete