Friday, November 4, 2022

Hey! Vote Next Tuesday!

I know, I know, you're probably sick of all the so-called "political" endorsements, advertisements, and all-around despicable behavior from all of our "law-makers" by now. I know I am. And you're probably also thinking "why should I vote, when these idiots running are cretins who care nothing about their constituents and only care about power, power, power?" Why...thank you, sir, you took the words right out of my mouth! And you may be feeling helpless, figuring your lone vote won't matter in the big picture, and why not just remain on the sofa this coming November 8th for all the good your voting would do.

Wake up, Mr. and Mrs. America! Time to get up off that sofa!

Why should you vote this upcoming midterm election day? Because as bad as things are now, they could become much worse.

I mean, really... The last thing our country needs are these incredibly blunt and obvious election deniers and liars running our country. Running it directly into the ground, six feet under, and sticking a stake into the heart of democracy to top it off.

Yay, politicians!

Good Gawd, there's even talk about Marjorie Taylor Greene running as Trump's vice-president in 2024. This is the crazy lady who blamed Jewish people for setting off space lasers to burn our forests. You really want THAT for your vice president? 

But what else could I expect from Trump with all of his antisemitic rhetoric? He's become so emboldened that he doesn't even try to hide his racism and hatred for anyone not rich, male and white any longer, making his ties to racist hate groups upfront and obvious. And, hey, let's not forget all of the legal troubles the Orange One is facing, including rape allegations, tax evasion, espionage, and conspiracy to overthrow the government. (C'mon, even you hardcore Trump thumpers might have to be questioning his "morals" at this point, right? RIGHT?)

Hooray!

Trump's been running around the country, holding KKK "political" rallies, handing out his endorsements like candy (and not the good kind of candy, either. More like the creepy old neighborhood lady who always hands out one piece of candy corn at Halloween.). And what are Trump's prerequisites for a candidate to earn his hallowed orange endorsement? Simple! You're golden (or orange) as long as you agree with his Big Lie about his winning the election! That's it! That's why Herschel Walker and Kari Lake are there! (Because everyone knows that a football player and a weather lady are stellar political candidates.)

So, yeah, I get it. I'm burned out from all of the terrible, childish behavior and lies from both sides of the political spectrum, too. And I'm not a fan of inflation either. But just remember...as terrible as things have been over the last six years, things will definitely get much worse if all the crazies get into office. Our country will become built on hate and violence and racism and lies and abuse of power rather than democratic ideals. 

I don't want to see our country go that way. So, please, get out and vote on November 8th!

Alright, alright, alright, I'm getting off my soap-box now. Or I would, but I'm so pissed off, I kicked it into splinters.

No comments:

Post a Comment