Friday, September 9, 2022

It's with a heavy heart that I write this...

Okay, I don't want to get all verklempt, but...

Well, here... You know what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words. Please watch this as it will explain all.



BOOM! You've been RickRolled!

Aha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaaaa! Whew. Had you going there for a minute, right? But, I'm serious. It's with a very heavy heart that I relay this message: how in the hell did I never hear about RickRolling until now?

Last Saturday, my wife and I were sitting out on the deck, enjoying the brisk morning breeze. Suddenly, I found myself humming the inane song, "Never Gonna Give You Up." (Full disclosure before you all think less of me: I've never liked the stupid song, don't even know the words, never owned the CD, cassette, or eight-track tape {look it up, kids}, and couldn't even tell you who sang it. I just know it sucked.)

My wife turns to me and says, "Why in the hell are you humming THAT song?"

I shrugged and said, "Dunno, it just popped into my mind."

"Well, you're the one who told me what 'RickRoll' was."

Now it's my turn to stare at her like she's wearing the crazy pants. "What're you talking about?"

"Oh, that stupid RickRoll prank that was going around. You explained it to me."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't. How could I explain it to you if I don't even know what it is?"

"You explained it to me."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"No, I..."

(Cut to later that same day):

"Yes, you did."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you..."

Anyway, I'll forego the rest of that conversation. Contrary to what my wife told me, I didn't know what RickRolling was, so I hit up Madame Google.

Around 2007, some brilliant pranksters came up with the idea to hide Rick Astley's bonafide, bone-headed video hit, "Never Gonna Give You Up" in a link purporting to be on topic with what was being discussed on message boards, hence "RickRolling."

Than it RickRolled into an avalanche. Students turned in exam papers on RickRolling. Protestors RickRolled scientologists with a barrage of boomboxes blasting the song. And my personal favorite: the Foo Fighters RickRolled over members of the heinous Westboro Baptist Church.

Wow. True history and I slept through it. Now, some of you may be saying, "Stuart, why are you wasting your time talking about RickRolling when we could be discussing the Mar-a-lago raid for the kazillionth time?"  Well, Mr. Smarty-Pants, A) Clearly you're a newbie to my blog. Here at Twisted Tales from Tornado Alley, I thrive on every day stupidity; and B) Isn't everyone just about burned out on All Trump "News," All the Damn Time?

My question is...how in the world did I miss this?

Apparently, I was living under a rock in 2007. SO I'm gonna bring RickRolling back. Big time.  And I urge you to do the same. It's your duty as a patriot.

Get going, start your Rick and Rolling!

Speaking of all things amusing, have you read my book....well, here check it out!


 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa! Gotcha!

But, seriously, if you're looking for sophisticated humor and witty dialogue and poignant storytelling, do check out my Zach and Zora series, available right here and right now! 


 

Oh no, ho, ho, ho, haaaaa, heeeee, ha, ha, haaaaaaaa! Can't believe you fell for it again! Whew! Tee hee.

Okay, I've got it out of my system. Besides, everyone knows that my Zach and Zora books are ANYTHING but sophisticated, witty and poignant! Psych! But if you're still interested, you can find them here.  


Snicker, snicker, snicker, ha, ha, haaaaaaaaaa.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment