Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ah, Kansas

Kansas. The land of ahhhhhs. Cornfields. Sunflowers. Norman Rockwellian portraits of small-town living. Tornadoes. Teenage witch boys. Crazed evangelists. Insane farmers. Haunted mining towns. A secret society of serial killers. A ghostly Kansas City suburb. Evil genetic dairy farming scients. A murderous class reunion. Religious zombies.

Wait. What?

Welcome to "Twisted Tales From Tornado Alley." This is my Kansas and I'm going to be writing dark fiction about the secret underbelly of Kansas. I'm going to scratch at those hidden infestations and expose Kansas for what I know it to be. Creepy. Why Kansas? 'Cause I'm stuck here and you're supposed to write about what you know. So, unless people are dying to read about my boring 26 year tour of duty in boring corporate America, looks like you and I are stuck with dark tales set in Kansas.

Now, unless you're a relative (hi, Mom!) or you've stumbled in here by accident, let me introduce myself. I'm Stuart R. West, author. I wasn't always a writer, but that's a tale for another day.

First up's going to be my novel, "Tex, The Witch Boy." It's a young adult book about...well, a teenage witch boy. But it's more than that. It's a murder mystery, a tale of friendship and love, and a supernatural saga. And it's about bullying in high school. Believe it or not, the incidences of bullying found in my book are true, having happened to either myself or a friend. Sadly, things haven't changed since I was in high school.

The book's being published in January by Muse-It-Up Publishing, available for preordering soon. I'll have links and a cover image up later.

Anyway, thanks for visiting! I vow to not try and bore everyone silly with pompous posts about the *sniff* "IMPORTANCE of writing" and what have ya'.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stuart! Following your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Dorothy! Thank you? I was beginning to feel like my mother. Did I mess something up electronically (all those phone calls about programming the VCR) or did the blog get gulped up by people out to get me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm following you now as well. Had a poke about your blog. Love your approach to blogging. Very fun.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete